Casework Support Worker
We are seeking expressions of interest from Casework Support Workers to join our dynamic team.
About the role
The Family Place are a not-for-profit community based family support and community service based in Moruya and Bega. We are currently looking to recruit Support Workers to provide supervised transport, supervised contact, mentoring and respite services on a casual basis. These positions will be servicing the Eurobodalla and Bega Valley Shires.
Applicants will be required to provide copies of the following
- CV and Cover Letter
- Relevant qualifications
- Two references required
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current National Police Check
- Current First Aid Certificate
Selection of potential job candidates will be based around their qualifications and / or relevant experience working with vulnerable children, young people and their families. Successful candidates will be expected to attend intensive in-house induction and training prior to providing support services to clients. Candidates must have a current Driver Licence, well maintained vehicle and be comprehensively insured. Kilometers travelled will be reimbursed at the current ATO rate.
Selection Criteria to be addressed in cover letter
- Demonstrated experience undertaking support / advocacy work with vulnerable young people and their families with a thorough understanding of trauma informed practice and high levels of resilience and flexibility
- Demonstrated experience working sensitively and collaboratively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Highly developed communication skills developed in a range of settings and contexts
- Demonstrated competencies with standard Office Suite applications
- The ability to effectively manage and resolve conflict
- Working knowledge of health, community, and social services available to people residing in the Eurobodalla and/or Bega Valley